House completely destroyed by fire at Kurri Kurri TweetFacebookUPDATE 2PMA collection of reptiles is believed to have been caught up in a blaze which completely destroyed a house at Kurri Kurri on Monday.
Multiple pets in glass enclosures, believed to be snakes, were in the blaze that tore through the two story house on Northcote Street at about 11.30am.
Luke Johnston from Rutherford Fire and Rescue said large plumes of smoke were visible when the crew was en route to aid Kurri Kurri Fire and Rescue.
He said there were initially concerns that neighbouring properties could be caught in the flames, but crews were able to contain the fire and protect them.
It took about 45 minutes for hard working crews to extinguish the blaze,Mr Johnston said.
He said there was no indication as to yet what sparked the fire, with investigations set to continue.
Picture: Lachlan Leeming
UPDATE 1pmFirefighters have contained a fire that destroyed a home in Northcote Street, Kurri Kurri.
Multiple Fire and Rescue NSW and Rural Fire Service crews were called out to fight the blaze that broke out about 11.30am.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Firefighters have commenced mopping up.
KURRI KURRI | #FRNSW and @NSWRFS firefighters have contained a #fire at a two story house. Crews are mopping up.
— Fire & Rescue NSW (@FRNSW) January 29, 2018Initial reportA house has erupted in flames at Kurri Kurri on Monday morning.
Emergency Services were called out to the two-storey Northcote Street home about 11.30am.
Four Fire and Rescue NSW trucks were still on scene at 12.30pm.
Maitland Mercury journalist Lachlan Leeming captured this video at the scene:House completely gutted by fire on Northcote St, Kurri. Huge emergency services response pic.twitter老域名出售/cZQw0xxcXH
— Lachie Leeming (@LeemingLachie) January 29, 2018Details from Fire and Rescue NSW:KURRI KURRI | #FRNSW and @NSWRFS on scene at 2 storey house #fire. Large volumes of smoke. Home fully involved. Ops continuing.
— Fire & Rescue NSW (@FRNSW) January 29, 2018